What is ISO 9001?
ISO 9001 is the internationally-renowned standard that presents a set of management principles recognized by the world as the baseline for producing a high-quality product or service. This standard has been developed to be utilized by any type of organization, in any industry, whether your product is hardware, software or service provision.
Since 1987 ISO 9001 has been the world’s de facto standard for quality management systems; and since 2000 Oxebridge has been the premier provider of rapid, customized ISO 9001 systems for companies wishing to implement ISO 9001.
Why Rapid ISO 9001 Implementation?
Implementing the ISO 9001 standard does not have to be time-consuming, expensive or difficult. And it does not have to shut down your operation.
Oxebridge’s proven, proprietary “Rapid ISO 9001 Implementation Program” is not a typical “consulting” service, but an actual implementation service, where Oxebridge performs the implementation work rather than teaching your staff how to do it and simply overseeing progress. The program was developed by people like you, who were faced with implementing ISO 9001 as part of their daily activities. As a result, the program is not the impractical work of “academics,” but a method to implement custom solutions designed to address your everyday, real-world implementation issues. This means:
- Less documentation.
- Fewer meetings.
- No shop down-time.
- Full employee immersion.
- Solid management buy-in.
- On-site work – nothing “mailed in”.
- No boilerplate documents – everything is customized.
If you should choose to have your company certified to ISO 9001 by a third party registrar, Oxebridge’s Rapid ISO 9001 program should be able to get your company ready for registration in less than 40 days, even if you have no pre-existing quality system in place, and even if you need to include AS9100 compliance for aerospace industry contracts.
40 Days? Wait, What?
Yes, it can be done in 40 days (two months) and still result in a fully customized, tailored quality system. We do the work on-site, and you may still use the registrar of your choice.
Are there caveats? Of course. Here’s a rough table of implementation timelines for standard companies. Additional factors which could increase — or reduce! — the implementation timetable would be the nature of the industry, geographic spread of multiple locations (i.e., more travel time), and international clients.
|# Employees||Implementation Timetable|
|1 – 250||40 days (two months)|
|251 – 500||60 days (three months)|
|501 – 1000||80 days (four months)|
|1001 +||Ahh, a challenge! You’d better call us.|
A few other factors to consider:
- Registrar / Certification Body scheduling – these guys are rarely available without a 60-day notice, so that can impact on the scheduling of your final registration audit date.
- Grants slow everything down. Blame Big Brother.
- Making cybernetic brain implants? Pretty sure the regulations on that would slow the pace.
More Details? Sure Thing, Boss …
The Rapid ISO 9001 Implementation Program follows Oxebridge’s four-phase structure:
- Phase 1 – Information Capture & Documentation Preparation. Oxebridge comes on-site to your facility and conducts interviews with your key management and staff to ascertain the current practices of your company, to see where you already comply with the standard. draft QMS documentation is prepared for you, on-site, including your Quality Manual and any necessary related procedures and forms.
- Phase 2 – Implementation and Training. Oxebridge Specialists return on-site and assist in implementing the resulting systems, helping to close any gaps identified in Phase 1. Employees undergo customized, general ISO 9001 training on the resulting system.
- Phase 3 – Internal Audits & Management Review. Oxebridge returns again to conduct an 8-hour training class on internal auditing for ISO 9001. After that, we perform a full QMS audit alongside your trainees, and the resulting audit may be entered into your system as your first internal audit. We then assist in closing any findings, and help facilitate a QMS management review, including a review of the process objectives and metrics. At the end of Phase 3, your company is ready for third party certification auditing.
- Phase 4 – OPTIONAL – Audit Interfacing. For those clients wishing to be certified by a third party Certification Body (“registrar”), Oxebridge can optionally attend the audit. While most companies do not need this service, Oxebridge can help close any audit findings in real time, while ensuring your registrar’s auditor does not deviate from international accreditation rules.
And remember: Oxebridge works with your selected registrar, and has no formal relationship with any such certification body, to maintain a process that is free of any conflicts of interest.
To obtain a quote for Rapid ISO 9001 Implementation today, click here.