What is ISO 9001?
ISO 9001 is an internationally-renowned standard that presents a set of management principles recognized by the world as the baseline for producing a high-quality product or service. This flexible standard has been developed to be utilized by any type of organization, in any industry, whether your product is hardware, software or service provision.
Since 1987 ISO 9001 has been the world’s de facto standard for quality management systems; and for the past ten years, Oxebridge has been the premier provider of rapid, customized ISO 9001 systems for companies wishing to implement ISO 9001.
Why Rapid ISO 9001 Implementation?
Implementing the ISO 9001 standard does not have to be time-consuming, expensive or difficult. And it does not have to shut down your operation.
Oxebridge’s proven, proprietary “Rapid ISO 9001 Implementation Program” is not a typical “consulting” service, but an actual implementation service, where Oxebridge performs the implementation work rather than teaching your staff how to do it, and simply overseeing progress. The program was developed by people like you, who were faced with implementing ISO 9001 as part of their daily activities. As a result, the program is not the impractical work of “academics,” but a method to implement custom solutions designed to address your everyday, real-world implementation issues. This means:
- Less documentation.
- Fewer meetings.
- No shop down-time.
- Full employee immersion.
- Solid management buy-in.
- On-site work – nothing “mailed in”.
- No boilerplate documents – everything is customized.
If you should choose to have your company certified to ISO 9001 by a third party registrar, Oxebridge’s Rapid ISO 9001 program should be able to get your company ready for registration in less than 40 days, even if you have no pre-existing quality system in place, and even if you need to include AS9100 compliance for aerospace industry contracts.
40 Days? Wait, What?
Yes, it can be done in 40 days (two months) and still not rely on boilerplate documents, or a mailed-in QMS. We still do the work on-site, and we still use the registrar of your choice.
Are there caveats? Of course. Even Oxebridge cannot implement ISO 9001 for a 10,000-employee company in 40 days.
Here’s a rough table of implementation timelines for standard companies. Additional factors which could increase — or reduce! — the implementation timetable would be the nature of the industry, geographic spread of multiple locations (i.e., more travel time), and international clients.
|# Employees||Implementation Timetable|
|1 – 250||40 days (two months)|
|251 – 500||60 days (three months)|
|501 – 1000||80 days (four months)|
|1001 +||Ahh, a challenge! You’d better call us.|
A few other factors to consider:
- Registrar / Certification Body scheduling – these guys are rarely available without a 60-day notice, so that can impact on the scheduling of your final registration audit date.
- If you are a brand new company, that can cause problems. AS9100, for example, requires 12 months of retroactive (pre-Oxebridge) data.
- Grants slow everything down. Blame Big Brother.
- Making cybernetic brain implants? Pretty sure the regulations on that would slow the pace.
More Details? Sure Thing, Boss …
The Rapid ISO 9001 Implementation Program follows Oxebridge’s four-phase structure:
- Phase 1 – Information Capture. Oxebridge comes on-site to your facility and conducts interviews with your key management and staff to ascertain the current practices of your company, to see where you already comply with the standard. The notes taken from Phase 1 become the basis for the next phase.
- Phase 2 – Documentation Preparation. Oxebridge Specialists prepare an ISO 9001 compliant manual and supporting procedures, forms and other necessary documents based on the results of the Phase 1 interviews. Your resulting documentation is fully customized, based on the company’s current practices, and only introduces new or modified practices where the company either does not meet a requirement at all, or where current practice deviates from a requirement. Boilerplate documents are not used, and your staff are not assigned any writing duties!
- Phase 3 – Implementation and Training. Oxebridge Specialists return on-site and assist in implementing the resulting systems, train employees and internal auditors, and conduct the first round of required ISO 9001 internal audits. We facilitate a QMS management review, including a review of the process objectives and metrics. At the end of Phase 3, your company is ready for third party certification auditing.
- Phase 4 – OPTIONAL – Audit Interfacing. For those clients wishing to be certified by a third party Certification Body (“registrar”), Oxebridge will attend the audit and provide on-site assistance and facilitation of the audit, ensuring a smooth and effective audit by the registrar, and ensuring your registrar’s auditor does not deviate from international accreditation rules, or “make up” requirements that do not exist.
And remember: Oxebridge works with your company’s selected registrar, and has no formal relationship with any such certification body, to maintain a process that is free of any conflicts of interest.
Furthermore, Oxebridge is dedicated to ensuring its services are competitively priced and cost effective. Not only are Oxebridge rates as much as 1/3 less than other major ISO 9001 “consulting” firms, but Oxebridge offers an assortment of free services, discounts and referral rebates. Our aggressive grant search program investigates Federal or State monies in your local area that may further reduce your overall expenditures… a service offered only by Oxebridge. Click here to learn more about grant opportunities in your area!
Still Don’t Believe It? Wow, You’re Tough.
First, for the haters and critics, click “Yeah, We Can Do That.” This summarizes a few details for those still thinking it’s just impossible.
But better yet, let Oxebridge prove it. Just contact us and ask for our latest list of client references, and you can call our previous clients yourself. Talk to them, not to us. Learn first hand how over 250 Oxebridge clients have passed their registration audits on the first try, and have retained their registration though all surveillance audits, even with that elusive “40-day Rapid Implementation Program.”
All you provide is the commitment to Quality — we’ll do the rest.