This standard is available for free, and utilizes none of ISO 9001’s language, so is clear of copyright and trademark claims by ISO. The standard only roughly follows ISO 9001’s clause structure, and then modifies that slightly as well.
Oxebridge Q001 was written to:
- clarify QMS requirements using plain English
- remove redundant requirements
- add missing requirements:
- cost of quality
- configuration management
- incident investigation
- quality culture
- non-calibrated resource verification (for service orgs)
- put preventive action back in the standard
- fix “risk-based thinking” and provide for scalable risk management
- make “context of the organization” understandable and verifiable
- empower employees at all levels of the organization
- enforce tangible management commitment activities
- improved language to address the needs of service providers
Crafting your quality system around Oxebridge Q001 will result in near total compliance to ISO 9001; you should purchase a licensed copy of ISO 9001 and compare your results, just to be sure. The supporting ISO 9001 Crosswalk Document provides a crosswalk table to help identify areas to focus on for full ISO 9001 compliance.
To get the latest, free copy of Oxebridge Q001, as well as the Q001 Audit Checklist and ISO 9001 Crosswalk Document, enter your information below.