Oxebridge is happy to announce its open source “remix” of ISO 9001, called Oxebridge Q001 (pronounced “Q Thousand and One.”) This standard is available for free, and utilizes none of ISO 9001’s language, so is clear of copyright and trademark claims by ISO.
Oxebridge Q001 was written to:
- clarify QMS requirements using plain English
- remove redundant requirements
- add missing requirements:
- cost of quality
- configuration management
- incident investigation
- quality culture
- non-calibrated resource verification (for service orgs)
- put preventive action back in the standard
- fix “risk-based thinking” and provide for scalable risk management
- make “context of the organization” understandable and verifiable
- empower employees at all levels of the organization
- enforce tangible management commitment activities
- improved language to address the needs of service providers
Crafting your quality system around Oxebridge Q001 will result in near total compliance to ISO 9001; you should purchase a licensed copy of ISO 9001 and compare your results, just to be sure. The supporting ISO 9001 Crosswalk Document provides a crosswalk table to help identify areas to focus on for full ISO 9001 compliance.
For companies interested in being accredited to offer third-party Q001 Certification, click here.
To be notified when these standards are updated, you should sign up for email notifications below: