I’m happy to announce the release of version 1.7 of the Oxebridge Totally Free ISO 9001:2015 QMS Documentation Template Kit. This one’s a huge update, with lots of fixes and new features. We’re closing in a full year that the OTFISO90012015QMSDTK has been offered, at no cost and with no strings attached, to the hard-working users of ISO 9001. And while the US TAG 176 guys are charging up to $45,000 to use their inane and uninspired templates, which probably haven’t been updated since they first wrote them during the War of the Roses, we’re updating the thing like mad.
The “Happy Camper” update includes the following major upgrades and fixes:
- We’ve improved the entire “context of the organization” approach with an all-new COTO Log, that not only merges our previous “Issues Log,” “Risk Register” and “Opportunity Register” into one, much-easier-to-use-form, but also provides a way to monitor and measure your continual improvement actions.
- We received a lot of mixed feedback on the approach to writing a Quality Manual; some of you said you preferred to follow the ISO 9001:2015 clause numbering scheme, and some of you said you thought our original manual didn’t break with the numbering enough. Some of you said you even wanted one of those quickie “5-page manuals” that consultants brag about. So what to do when users have competing desire? Simple: make ’em all happy at once! Now the kit includes THREE different manuals, and you can pick whichever style you prefer. The kit now allows you to choose:
- A comprehensive manual that gives big middle finger to “Annex SL” and abandons any numbering scheme alignment with ISO 9001.
- A comprehensive manual that adheres to the clause numbering of ISO 9001.
- A 5-page mini-manual that features the bare bones approach of including only some language on COTO, the process approach, scope of the QMS, and a list of subordinate documents.
- We’ve updated the procedures for Context of the Organization, Risk and Opportunity Management, Management Review
- Finally, we added that missing Shipping procedure! Damn thing was lost, but we finally found it under some sofa cushions.
- Added a new Supplier Quality Survey form, so you can irritate your suppliers in the same way your customers irritate you: with meaningless surveys! Yay!
- Added a great new Calibration Log and a tool Calibration Record, begging the question “why weren’t they in the kit before?” Beats me.
- Added a new hints section in the Replacement Matrix, making it easier to fill out.
- Updated the Instructions document accordingly.
- Tons of other minor fixes and tweaks.
While the other guys are whining and complaining on those other forums and accomplishing exactly nothing of significance, the Oxebridge team of underpaid, underfed, underage and undocumented workers is busy slaving at risk of my whip to continue to update and perfect something that gets me exactly no financial reward whatsoever. My business model may be terrible, but the other guys are going straight to Hell after they die, and frankly, they have it coming. Remember: all template kits suck, but free template kits suck less.
Download the entire kit as a single ZIP file, or you can cherry pick the individual files all from this link. No signups required.
About Christopher Paris
Christopher Paris is the founder and VP Operations of Oxebridge. He has over 25 years' experience implementing ISO 9001 and AS9100 systems, and is a vocal advocate for the development and use of standards from the point of view of actual users. He is the author of Surviving ISO 9001:2015, which can be purchased here.