It started as all ISO-related fiascoes do, with a simple question. Over at our “Ask the So-Called Expert” page, user “TSGoneAstray” asked if the IATF recognized self-accredited certificates mills. The answer also seemed simple. But, alas, these things never go as planned.Read More
Search Results for: certificate mills
In a riff off of the old 1980’s meme that ISO 9001 could “certify a manufacturer of cement life jackets,” a number of unaccredited or self-accredited ISO 9001 certificate mills have agreed to do just that, after a journalistic sting operation conducted by Oxebridge.Read More
As we approach 2015, the fight against the unaccredited (or self-accredited) certificate mills is taking on an entirely new shape and scope. A much larger initiative is underway, drawing in stakeholders and interested parties from a vast array of professions, agencies, governmental regulatory bodies, and more. The message will be loud and clear for the mills: get honest, or get lost.Read More
G31000 spams the guy they are suing, and the United States’ senior adviser on risk didn’t assess the risk of buying an unaccredited risk management credential from a French guy on the internet.Read More
For a mere 340 Swiss francs — which is equivalent to 100 gold knuts or something — you can buy a subscription to all the ISO conformity assessment standards in one big bundle. No more excuses, certificate mill operators!Read More
- Don't panic, stop spending, avoid the sunk-cost fallacy, and pay attention to the critics who have been consistently right since Day One.
- DoD's announcement dismantles nearly every aspect of what has been done to date, including the entire maturity level approach.
- Greg McVerry admitted he supported CMMC officials in public because his company, DIT, had "$10M" in annual DoD contracts, even as he railed against them in private.
- CMMC-AB may be allowed to credential trainers and assessors, but not accredit C3PAOs.
- The move helps the IAF escape growing concern over China's role in overseeing ISO accreditations worldwide.